Monday 6 August 2018

COTTONS MUN - MODEL UNITED NATIONS - 2018 DATE: 30 JULY TO 01 AUGUST 2018 - PHOTOS -35


JAIN INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL


COTTONS MUN - MODEL UNITED NATIONS - 2018

DATE: 30 JULY TO 01 AUGUST 2018

SUMARY FOR Day 1

Shreeya and Mahima
The first day of our committee UNCTC was great, we got recognized, we spoke two times in the moderate caucus. Now the first day has made us much more confident towards the second day

Aamir
My committee was the European parliament, I raised three moderate caucus and two of them got passed. I was the first speaker in the committee
, this also helped me make a good impression in front of the chair person.

Jilna and Vaishnavi
It was a fine committee session, where we got recognized two times amongst 168 people. And we got to know what the committee is aiming for and what are we going to do in the next two days.

Jaswitha
It was my first MUN, so it was little confusing in the starting, but then I got to know how an MUN functions and then I started understanding how the sessions our going and what is the mandate of the committee. I was

Not recognized today, but I will contribute my points in the further days.

Anaya
Being a first timer it was a bit confusing for me to understand how all things are functioning. Then one of the delegates helped me to understand and gave me a brief about how everything is functioning. Being the first day I didn’t speak. I hope to perform better on the second Day.

Priyanshu (Student coordinator)

It was really good first day for me as well, I got recognized a couple of times, and gave my inputs to committee. It had been time since I went to my last MUN so I got brushed up with the procedure and the functioning.
   

General Summary
So almost everyone got recognized today. Everyone got a good idea how a MUN properly functions and what are the aims and objectives of the committee. I think everyone is more confident to approach the second day. And they will contribute more tomorrow.
Despite being the first MUN of many students, they were not scared or nervous, and participated very well in the committee sessions.

Day 2


Being the most productive day of the MUN, all the committees also had an international press conference in their committee, in which some particular countries are targeted and questioned upon their countries stance on the topic. Some delegates had very good committee sessions but some of the delegates struggled because of not having a very strong research base. There was crisis in some committees and some delegates gave a really good contribution to the committee to help resolve it and get the solutions.

Everyone’s committee got the direction it needs to make a resolution.

Some delegate’s speeches were applauded by the whole committee and given great respect.

Day 3

Being the last day, all committees were focusing more on making resolutions.
 It was a good day for all the delegates, many of them gave their contribution in making of resolutions.
All the delegates got to know where do they need to focus more from next time and how can they perform better in future MUN.
The resolutions of some committees passed and some failed

And I believe all the delegates learned a lot of things from this three day MUN.
Our speaking skills enhanced and we became more confident to speak in front of a public

When we compare our position since day 1 and day 3 we have seen huge differences and became more confident. 


PHOTOS - 35


































-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment